Thursday, June 28, 2012

published!

I submitted for this mosaic book about 18 months ago and was notified in Jan or Feb that my work would be included.  I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but knew that at the very least I would have one photo and name recognition.  I have been waiting very patiently for it to arrive, and ordered an extra for my parents.  When the UPS man came today I told him what I was waiting for--- usually he lugs large heavy boxes full of tile to my garage.  He was surprised and curious too, so he helped me open the stubborn taped box right on the porch.  To my delight, a photo of my "Currently Nesting" is on the back cover (along with a few other works), and I have a 6 page spread.  Just me and my mosaics.  The book is layed out by artist, easy to read with big beautiful photos of mosaics.  This is not a crafty how-to book, this is a full fledged coffee table art book.  Wow.  If you love mosaics, and are curious what is being created in this ever changing medium, this book will not disappoint.  Even the UPS man was impressed.

1 comment: