Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Soaring Eagle, Shining Stars

One more Elementary project completed!  This 3x5' panel  is titled "Soaring Eagle, Shining Stars".  The school recently changed their mascot from stars to the eagle with some reluctance.  So, we created a mosaic that shows both, and the 5th graders I worked with were super!  Like the klutz that I am, I tripped over one of the low seats in the cafeteria as I was leaving the first day, landed on my back like a turtle, and amazingly not one student laughed.  In fact, several jumped up to see if I needed help and was OK.  On the way home I chuckled to myself and thought that maybe they were worried that if I was hurt, I wouldn't be able to come back to finish the mosaic with them... In any case, I know my own children would have laughed for hours... replayed it in slow motion, and logged it in their funny family story memory bank for some unfortunate unsuspecting moment of recall.  Thank you students for your caring and creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment