Thursday, October 20, 2011

grout day


It still is a bit daunting, even almost 10 years later, to spend hours creating a mosaic, then smear cementitous grout all over it.  Even though I know it will come off.  To make it more of a special occasion, I like to think of it as 'grout day', something to look forward to, celebrating the end of a project and seeing it's final outcome.  Usually it does match up with the original mosaic in my mind, but doubt is often lurking.  Today was 'grout day' for one of the Elementary mosaics.  So, I didn't lay the mosaic tiles, but did put in hours of designing, planning, and facilitating 5th graders in the making of this cardinal mascot panel.  They did a great job, and grout day was a fun opportunity to get my hands dirty on this one, literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment